ISO a Biblically-Sound, Spirit-Filled Church: "What Now?" 11/20/2022
Where do we go from here? Let’s review Biblical Instructions for when we gather together:
As you may know, the Bible does have a handful of passages that teach the New Testament church a small bit of structure…
- What you may not know is that with each one, there are great similarities.
- So, small sample size, but similar instructions in all the samples.
- Here are a few, that will serve as our “where do we go from here” text.
- Let’s call these the “job description” for the gatherings as a whole:
- Col 3:16, Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
- 1 Cor. 14:26, When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation (with a contextual implication for an allowance for every gift - not just these). Let all things be done for building up.
- Eph 5:18-21… Be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.