The Holy Spirit Throughout History #36: "The Spirit of Adoption” -- Galatians
In this letter, Paul addresses 3 Opposing Mindsets:
- We’re going to see these opposing mindsets throughout the 6 verses I highlight. I mention them because these are the main themes in the letter - and they’re braided throughout, jumping from one back to the other, forward to the other, etc.
- Justification by Faith vs. Justification by the Law
- I’ll hit this first, which will also serve us as the end of the book introduction (remember, this series is a focus on the Spirit’s work in the books of the Bible, but we need to give context, which is why we’re doing brief book intros).
- But the next two opposing mindsets are all about the Spirit’s work:
- Sons of God vs. Servants of God
- Family of God vs. Religion of God