The Holy Spirit Throughout History #37: "Wisdom 2” -- Eph., Col., Philemon
Let's ask our classic question:
- Where is the Holy Spirit in these letters?
- In Ephesians, he is named 12 times.
- In Colossians, he is named just once.
- And in Philemon, a grand total of…. Zero.
However, there is a common theme of the Spirit’s work in all 3 books: Paul encouraging each audience regarding the Holy Spirit’s WISDOM.
- In Ephesians 1:16-17, we read, “I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, (17) that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him…”